Installin Postgres

From: "Mario Caspari" <mariocaspari(at)salo-ag(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installin Postgres
Date: 2003-05-06 06:23:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi,

i'd just installed postgresql-7.3.2 on a Suse 8.2 with some Problems I can't
solve.
The error message was 'readline library not found, compile
with --without-readline'
I did so, but addiotional --enable-locale and --enable-odbc.
It compiled and installed well -I thought. But I can't start the postmaster
service with the error message:
Failed to initialize lc_messages to ´´
'Fatal invalid value for option LC_MESSAGES'
First I installed postgresql from the Suse Distri, but with the same effect.
By the way - readline is installed and I added the Path where it reside to
the ld.so.conf.
I assume a package is missing on my system, but also 'googlen' didn't solve
it...
Is there any help?

Best regards

mario