MS Access 2K Inform User on Record changes

From: "Stavros Karposilos" <apcl79(at)dsl(dot)pipex(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MS Access 2K Inform User on Record changes
Date: 2002-07-05 00:51:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

I have been very troubled the last days trying various ways to notify the frontend MS Access 2K Client when a table on the Backend has changed.
All my attempts have resulted to a failure.
I realise now that the Notify/Listen solution is not going to work. I also tried to create an external C routine, callable by Trigger, which was using a TCP/IP socket to connect to each client but I didn't manage to convince it to work without crashing.
I would greatly appreciate a working example, or a point to a solution of whatever form.

I am using PostgreSQL 7.2 running on RedHat Linux 7 networked with 8 clients running Win9x and MSAccess2K on a plain 10MBps Ethernet Network.

Thanks in advance, Stavros