Sr Postgres DBA, Louisville, Colorado

From: "Kristine Ralls" <kristine(at)32-solutions(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sr Postgres DBA, Louisville, Colorado
Date: 2015-03-20 14:24:42
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Our client in the Louisville area is growing and adding a Sr Postgres DBA to
their team. Our client utilizes cutting-edge technologies and you will be
given the opportunity to express creativity in designing and building
innovative solutions. They foster a culture and environment that is fun, yet
productive. If you are looking for a career that is fast-paced, challenging,
and offers abundant opportunity and growth potential, then this is your gig!
Our Client is a fantastic organization with great benefits that are 100%
employer paid for both you and any children on the plan. This is a direct
hire, permanent position working with a Global leader in the e-commerce
industry.

Required Technical Skills

. An expert in supporting traditional RDBMS (PostgreSQL).

. Strong experience and understanding in designing and
maintaining replication strategies for Postgres databases.

. Significant experience in automation of administrative tasks
such as maintenance, monitoring and data backups

. Must be able to optimize queries and tune them according to
match performance expectations.

. Strong understanding of Linux/*BSD operating systems and
command line tools

. Must have experience in managing large systems - from
multi-terabyte to petabyte scale.

Additional Skills that Will Distinguish Candidates

. Strong understanding of non-traditional data stores such as
NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop)

. Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet,
SALT

. Experience with source control systems like SVN and Git

. Experience with Java/Java-related programming languages; we're
a Java open stack environment.

. Background in systems administration for Unix based
environments

. Understanding of data warehouse modeling concepts.

. Can self-manage, but also works collaboratively with team
members and cross-functional teams.

. Positive and innovative personality

. BI Tool Support and BI Tool Administration skills a plus

If you are interested in a company where your contribution is valued and
where work/life balance is a daily practice, let me know and we can set up a
time to chat. This is a full-time direct hire position in Broomfield with a
competitive salary, solid employee benefits, a year-end bonus and an
employee equity sharing plan.

Kristine Ralls

kristine(at)32-solutions(dot)com <mailto:kristine(at)32-solutions(dot)com>

see a complete listing of our positions at:
<http://t.signaletre.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs5w6s5
sVfDc_41qMK4qW5vMqt056dS_sf2YQn6402?t=http%3a%2f%2fwww.32-solutions.com%2f&s
i=5994507164712960&pi=8015c252-394f-4168-a7dd-24b8e089cade>

<http://t.signaletre.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v5dr0P
W1qfTxg4X9LhsN4WYBVWd3_yKW75dMsm1k1H6H0?si=5994507164712960&pi=8015c252-394f
-4168-a7dd-24b8e089cade>