Postgresql does not see its files HEEEELP!

From: "Marcin Gil" <marcin(dot)gil(at)audax(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql does not see its files HEEEELP!
Date: 2003-09-08 12:46:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi!
I got a legacy server to maintain, with PGSQL 7.0, Redhat 6 or smthing.
One day a power interrupt changed my life to hell.
Postmaster doesn't start, and when I start it manually
as user postgres it does not see its databases.. All the files
are right there!!
When I do psql -> \l: all I see is template1. All the bases are gone
But when I connect : \c bip_um -> it connect to the database
but \dt is empty..

Please help!

Marcin Gil
marcin.gil @ audax.com.pl, tel. 694972082
OIS Audax Sp. z o.o., ul. Barlickiego 4, 97-200 Tomaszów Mazowiecki
tel/fax (44) 7247530, 7244401