Question regarding TODO item:Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() accept localized month names

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'pgsql-hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question regarding TODO item:Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() accept localized month names
Date: 2008-02-19 21:48:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have started to develop this item. I would like to see whether I am on the
right track.

1. For this item we need an array of localized month/day names. I was
thinking of (re)initializing the array item using palloc, repalloc pfree
etc.. when SET LC_MESSAGES is called. Would this be correct?

2. In order to "know" when to return the localized values a DCH_S_TM (=0x10,
suffix "TM") is provided at dch_date. This is where I want to check the
localized array created above.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Gevik.