PostgreSQL SSL communication with SecureTcpClient (Ssl v 3.0)

From: "Angel Todorov" <atodorov(at)acm(dot)org>
To: "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL SSL communication with SecureTcpClient (Ssl v 3.0)
Date: 2003-09-29 00:58:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I am currently adding SSL support to the Npgsql driver (the .NET data
provider for PostgreSQL). I have tested with the Mentalis Secure Library
(http://www.mentalis.org/soft/projects/ssocket/). I am creating the
SecureTcpSocket as an instance that uses Ssl version 3.0. The PostgreSQL
server is configured as described in
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/ssl-tcp.html . SSL support
is added in pg_hba.conf, via hostssl
The exception I get when I run a test application to connect the
database is something like that:

Unhandled Exception: Npgsql.NpgsqlException: Error in Open() --->
System.IO.IOException: An I/O exception occurred. --->
Org.Mentalis.Security.SecurityException
: An error occurs while communicating with the remote host. --->
Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: The server hello message
uses a protocol that was not recognized.

Do you have any idea what can be the reason? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Angel

Angel T. Todorov
PGP public key ID: 1024D/