Performance Difference Between the different function types

From: "Corey Scott" <corey(at)motionworks(dot)com(dot)my>
To: <pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Performance Difference Between the different function types
Date: 2003-04-15 05:08:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Is anyone aware of any studies or general recommendations in regard to
the performance of the different function types?
Eg. SQL functions vs. C functions.
As there is nearly always two different ways to doing things I am just
wondering if I should 'prefer' one based on performance.

Thanks,
Corey

| "My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the |
| common places of existence. These little problems help |
} me to do so." -Sherlock Holmes |