Re: pgsql2shp - Could not create dbf file

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: Fay Du <fay(dot)du(at)versaterm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql2shp - Could not create dbf file
Date: 2006-03-27 14:51:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Fay,

First, this would be better posted to the PostGIS lists, as pgsql2shp is
a PostGIS utility, and not a PostgreSQL SQL query.

Fay Du wrote:
> The command I used is: pgsql2shp -f newroads gisdb testarea
>
> Where, newroads is my out put file name, gisdb is database name,
> and testarea is table name.
>
> After hit enter button, I got the message: Initializing... Could
> not create dbf file

It seems that there was an error creating the newroads.dbf file - each
shapefile consists of corresponding .shp, .dbf and .shx files.

Do you have permissions on the directory to create those three files?

Markus
Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS