Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating
Date: 2008-12-17 19:21:11
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Perhaps now is a good time to give up on these scripts, rebuild the
> repository using git-cvsimport?

My experience with git-cvsimport has been poor. For me it often puts
commits on the wrong branches. It uses the first commit to the branch as
the branch start time, so a branch will show commits to head as being on
the branch until the first commit to the branch.

The only cvs->git converter that's really worked for me (does all
branches, tags, keyword removal, ...) has been parsecvs [1] which isn't
terribly user friendly and is not incremental.

[1] http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools#head-769e9aa96370a5b3d0356c918f310c177c0799fe

Kris Jurka