Contributor listing policy

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Contributor listing policy
Date: 2008-03-07 23:14:08
Lists: pgsql-www

Folks,

*speaking* of being open about policies, I'm requesting comments on the
Core Team's draft contributor listing policy:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/ContributorListings

Here's what's changing from current practice:
1) period for dropping people who have not been around is set to 2 years.
No explicit period was set before.

2) non-code contributors now get listed in the "Contributors" section, but
are not eligible for the "Major Developers" section. This is a compromise
between previous practice (not listing non-code contributors at all) and
what some people would like to see ("Major Contributors" with non-code
contributors); I figure we'll revisit this policy in a year or so.

3) this will require a member of the WWW team to add "year contributed" and
"comments" non-displaying fields to the web tool we manage the contributor
listings with. How long would that take to add?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun