Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]

From: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
Subject: Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]
Date: 2004-12-20 20:49:37
Lists: pgsql-www

Joshua,

> What I am seeing in this discussion is that want to keep exclusive
> rights to the original image but that all the code is BSD licensed.

Not quite. It's a stock royalty-free image (not *our* image), that we've
purchased the license to use, for the express purpose of using it in
PostgreSQL related websites.

> My basic take on this is simple:
>
> It is going to be too much of a pain in the butt. If that is the
> route they are going to be take then I will have my artist create a new
> elephant from scratch that we will be BSD licensed and copyright to the
> project.
>
> We don't want to have to deal with this later.

There's nothing to deal with. It's one image. We've paid for it so that
it can be used by PostgreSQL. There's nothing else to it. It's that simple.

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Omar