finally, attempt on 'portal' changes

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: finally, attempt on 'portal' changes
Date: 2004-02-06 21:07:46
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Well, turned out that I had time to flame on this list about the changes needed
for 'portal' module, but didn't have time afterwards to actually implement them. :[

Finally managed to hack on the module a bit.

The results are here:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/
(if page generation times look big, the box is a P2-200 :] )

The code can be downloaded:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Main changes:
* All HTML was taken out of the PHP, templates and static pages were moved from
database to files
* The site now uses the template engine (HTML_Template_Sigma from PEAR)

You can view f.e. the "common" template here:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/template/common.html

From my POW, it is a *lot* easier to edit for designers than before. Also note
the preparation for gettext usage.

There were also some optimizations done to the code, d/l it and see.

Stuff left to be done:
* Docs
* Language handling (pages like index.html.ru)

There is also a problem with database schema: all language fields are char(2),
but languages in HTTP can be f.e. 'en-us'.

If the changes I did are approved, I'd like to get access to the CVS and dev.
server to be able to continue the work there.