COPY TO with FORCE QUOTE *

From: "Jackson Pauls" <jacksonpauls(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COPY TO with FORCE QUOTE *
Date: 2008-08-18 12:28:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

I would like to be able to force quotes on all columns in the COPY TO
command without having to name all columns explicitly. E.g.:

COPY a TO '/tmp/a.csv' WITH CSV FORCE QUOTE *;

Reading the documentation, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.
Am I missing something? If not, could I submit this as a feature
request?

many thanks, jackson