Re: cross-database references are not implemented

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Paul Dam" <p(dot)dam(at)amyyon(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cross-database references are not implemented
Date: 2008-06-03 13:51:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello

it works for me

postgres=# create schema export;
CREATE SCHEMA
Time: 45,918 ms
postgres=# create table public.a(a varchar);
CREATE TABLE
Time: 91,385 ms
postgres=# create table export.a(a varchar);
\CREATE TABLE
Time: 9,462 ms
postgres=# create function ftrg() returns trigger as $$begin insert
into export.a values(new.*); return new; end$$ language plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
Time: 486,395 ms
postgres=# \h CREATE trigger
Command: CREATE TRIGGER
Syntax:
CREATE TRIGGER name { BEFORE | AFTER } { event [ OR ... ] }
ON table [ FOR [ EACH ] { ROW | STATEMENT } ]
EXECUTE PROCEDURE funcname ( arguments )

postgres=# CREATE TRIGGER aaa after insert on public.a for each row
execute procedure ftrg();
CREATE TRIGGER
Time: 5,848 ms
postgres=# insert into public.a values('ahoj');
INSERT 0 1
Time: 5,179 ms
postgres=# SELECT * from export.a ;
------