Performance of PostgreSQL on Windows vs Linux

From: "Jeremy Haile" <jhaile(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance of PostgreSQL on Windows vs Linux
Date: 2007-01-03 17:24:24
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am sure that this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find
any recent posts. (I am running PostgreSQL 8.2)

I have always ran PostgreSQL on Linux in the past, but the company I am
currently working for uses Windows on all of their servers. I don't
have the luxury right now of running my own benchmarks on the two OSes,
but wanted to know if anyone else has done a performance comparison. Is
there any significant differences?