From: daniel alvarez <d-alvarez(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-02-26 13:04:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

In some older mails in the archive I found rumors about difficulcies that
might
occur when OIDs are used as an integral part of a data model.

I am considering the option of placing an index on the already existing oid
and using
it as the primary key for all tables (saves some space and a sequence
lookup). This
includes saving the oid in foreign keys (virtual ones, not actually declared