Attempting pull postgres data into excel

From: "Tore Lukashaugen" <tore(at)lukashaugen(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Attempting pull postgres data into excel
Date: 2008-02-02 16:54:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I am attempting to pull data into excel through odbc from postgres 8.2 running on vista.

I have set-up an ODBC DSN as follows:

Database: db_name
Server: localhost
Port: 5432
username: postgres

The test connection from the ODBC data source administration is succesful, but when I attempt to connect through Excel it gives me the following error: 'Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source'.

Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks