Microsoft Access 2000 "Reserved error (-7745); there is no messag e for this error"

From: Richard Plana <rplana(at)zicorp(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Microsoft Access 2000 "Reserved error (-7745); there is no messag e for this error"
Date: 2001-03-02 00:26:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I'm using the OpenLink ODBC drivers. After going through the motions of
installing and setting up and debugging, I came across something which I
couldn't fix. Here's my setup:

Backend: PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on SPARC/Solaris 8
Client: Microsoft Access 2000 on x86/Win2K
ODBC platform: Openlink Software (Postgres 95 ODBC driver)

I can establish a connection but am given the vague error (typical of MS
products): "Reserved error (-7745): there is no message for this error". I'm
at the point where I select a table from the database (Link Table). As soon
as I click on OK, that's when I get the error message.

Can anyone help with this?

Additionally, are there other ODBC client solutions for win32 to access
PostgreSQL aside from OpenLink's? Their multilayer approach is cool, but I
think it's adding unnecessary complexities in what should be a simple set
up.

Richard Neal Plana, B.Sc., CCNA
Software Developer
Zi Corp.