Re:

From: "Bryan Encina" <bryan(dot)encina(at)valleypres(dot)org>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2003-11-20 23:03:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

>Hm, that's a bit of a large version jump :-(. You might be able to make
>it work by using the 7.4 pg_dump (which I'd recommend anyway) and
>selecting -d or -D mode ... but that would be a lot slower to restore
>than the COPY-based dump.

>The most useful approach is probably just to run a quick sed script over
>the dump file to fix the embedded carriage returns.

Once again, thanks Tom, sed appears to have done the trick. For anyone
that's interested here's what worked for me:

sed 's/^M/\\r/' alldump.sql > alldump2.sql
where ^M is entered by pressing Ctrl+V then Enter.

For any of the more experienced linux pros out there I'd appreciate any
corrections if I've misspoken or have some error in logic.

Bryan