stddev_pop, stddev_samp strange behaviour

From: student23 <student23(at)o2(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: stddev_pop, stddev_samp strange behaviour
Date: 2007-07-09 12:29:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I've created a test table with some random data and try to execute stddev_pop _samp, and var_pop _samp as below.

select stddev_pop(value),stddev_samp(value) from test
select var_pop(value),var_samp(value) from test

I noticed that stddev_pop return same value as stddev_samp, and var_pop return same value as var_samp. I have PostgreSQL 8.2.4 and asume something is wrong. The data I used should return different value for each function.

MZ