Re: confused about transactions and connection pools

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, David Goodenough <david(dot)goodenough(at)btconnect(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: confused about transactions and connection pools
Date: 2006-10-31 11:54:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm a bit
> dubious that the prepared-statement machinery actually results in a win
> compared to just issuing simple Query messages.

The driver has no infrastructure for issuing simple Query messages in v3
mode, and anyway we want to batch the BEGIN up with the query that
follows it.

COMMIT/ROLLBACK might be of dubious value but I don't know if it's worth
having a completely separate code path in the driver just for that one case.

-O