Re: XA rollback problem

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Niels Beekman <n(dot)beekman(at)wis(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XA rollback problem
Date: 2006-04-24 05:59:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Niels Beekman wrote:

> The problem occurs when calling conn.close(), if you move the close()
> after the commit() it works just fine. I think the connection gets
> invalidated while it should stay active because it still has to commit
> or rollback (whatever the transactionmanager requests).

Indeed the closing before committing is a problem. The PGXADatasource
code is piggybacking on the PooledConnection code. When you close a
PooledConnection a rollback occurs so that the connection can be reused.
For the XAConnection it must put the connection into a pending-closed
state and wait for the transaction manager to commit or rollback the
connection. It'll be a little tricky to make this work for both the
PooledConnection and XAConnection cases, but I'll take a look at that this
week.

Also to test this I added pg support to Simple JTA, but this required
adjusting the PGXADatasource code to have a setUrl method. Did you do the
same or do you have a simpler way of testing?

Kris Jurka