Re: PGResultSetMetaData

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: leo <usenet(at)workfile(dot)de>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGResultSetMetaData
Date: 2005-01-24 08:07:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> (Kris, any reason why PGResultSetMetadata does not extend
> ResultSetMetadata?)

Never really thought about it. Note that PGStatement and PGConnection
don't extend the java.sql versions, instead there are BaseXXX versions
that extend the pg and java.sql versions that the Abstract classes
implement. I'm confused as to how this actually works because the
Abstract classes don't implement the full java.sql interface. Then the
real JdbcX classes also claim to implement the java.sql inteface and
actually do.

In any case what we have now is a little confusing internally, but
externally it is consistent.

Kris Jurka