Re: meta data information returned for domains

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Iain <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: meta data information returned for domains
Date: 2004-12-06 09:19:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Iain wrote:

> So far I've tried using the "SOURCE_DATA_TYPE" column of the result set
> returned by getColumns but this column doesn't exist.

This is an addition in the JDBC 3 spec that we haven't gotten around to
adding as right now we only return JDBC 2 info. This obviously makes my
previous suggestion obsolete and we should just implement this. This
looks like a pretty easy thing to do except for the fact that we haven't
yet dealt with how to return different information for JDBC 2/3 drivers
without a lot of code duplication.

> Next I tried calling getUDTs but apparently this method isn't implemented
> yet.
>
> I noticed some discussion about implementing the getUDTs method in the lists
> and references to it in the change log so maybe this has been done already
> and I just need a more recent version. I'm using pg74.215.jdbc3.jar (on
> 7.4.6).

This has indeed been implemented in the 8.0 series of drivers.

Kris Jurka