Driver.connect Timeout

From: Darin Ohashi <DOhashi(at)maplesoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver.connect Timeout
Date: 2004-01-12 15:10:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Is there some way to specify a timeout in the Driver.connect url?

MySQL allows one to do the following:

"jdbc:mysql://host/database?socketTimeout=5000"

We are having some stability problems with the machine running the postgresql
server. When some of our automated tests attempt to access the database when
the machine is down, they hang trying to open the connection.

Thanks

Darin