Re: How do you convert PostgreSQL internal binary field to C datatypes

From: Jeff Lynn <jmlynn(at)rogers(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do you convert PostgreSQL internal binary field to C datatypes
Date: 2007-05-23 15:47:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I give up! What ever data returned from the binary output of
PGgetvalue() is, I don't know how to convert it into StringInfo, which
is being used by a few routines that "seems" to convert internal binary
format into float8. By casting the returned data into StringInfo,
crashes the function.

If PostgreSQL support only a half baked C API, may as well don't bother.

So I gave up. I will not use PostgreSQL until there is a simple way to
extract data directly into C or C++ data type. Is one expect to fetch
data in text, then use text to int, text to double, text to date
function before you can make any business logic works?

Thanks all of you trying to help. Appreciated!

Jeff