Query regarding PostgreSQL date/time binary format for libpq

From: Shoaib Naazir <je_shoaib(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query regarding PostgreSQL date/time binary format for libpq
Date: 2007-01-25 13:08:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi, I am working on an application using PostgreSQL. I need to send date to PostgreSQL in binary format using the libpq interface. I have walked through the PostgreSQL code base, did find some reference to the date/time binary format but didn't get the exact format. To much code to digest in one parse :). Can you please provide me with any good reference to the exact binary format dbserver expect for date/time. I just can't use the text format :(. Any reference material, paper, web page or a mail specifying the exact binary date/time format will do. Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your time. regards,Shoaib Naazir.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Get into the holiday spirit, chat with Santa on Messenger.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/santabot/default.aspx?locale=en-us