Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?

From: Stephen Davies <scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?
Date: 2001-01-16 23:45:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

There are two versions of the ODBC driver at ftp.postgresql.org: one is
the full package including installer, the other is just the driver
itself.

Once you have installed with installer once, you can upgrade by just
copying new versions of the driver to windows\system.

If for some reason you cannot get the installer to work, you can do the
install by hand with regedit.

Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI and add
the following:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL]
"Setup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\PSQLODBC.DLL"
"Driver"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\PSQLODBC.DLL"
"APILevel"="1"
"ConnectFunctions"="YYN"
"CommLog"="0"
"Optimizer"="0"
"DriverODBCVer"="02.00"
"FileUsage"="0"
"SQLLevel"="1"
"UsageCount"=dword:00000001
"Fetch"="100"
"UniqueIndex"="1"
"ReadOnly"="0"
"UseCursors"="0"
"UnknownSizes"="0"
"TextAsLongVarchar"="0"
"UnknownsAsLongVarchar"="0"
"MaxVarcharSize"="254"
"MaxLongVarcharSize"="4094"
"ConnSettings"=""
"UseDeclareFetch"="0"
"BoolsAsChar"="0"
"ExtraSysTablePrefixes"="dd_;"
"Parse"="1"
"Ksqo"="1"
"CancelAsFreeStmt"="0"

(Note: check the above paths for your system)

Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers
and add an entry "PostgreSQL= Installed".

HTH,
Stephen Davies

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:13:39 -0500, "Adam Lang" said:
> I asked before, what do you mean it is password protected? I (just 5
> minutes ago to check) uninstalled the driver, downloaded it and reinstalled
> it and nowhere was I asked for a password.
>
> I'm downloading from here:
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/index.html
>
> To try to register a dll, try typing: regsvr32 <path to dll>
> I'm not sure if this is good enough for the odbc driver manager though. I
> asked earlier for that tyoe of info today.
>
> Adam Lang
> Systems Engineer
> Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
> http://www.rutgersinsurance.com

Stephen Davies Consulting scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au
Adelaide, South Australia. Voice: 08-8177 1595
Computing & Network solutions. Fax: 08-8177 0133