Re: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support

From: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support
Date: 2011-07-03 07:28:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

schrieb Craig Ringer:

> I'd appreciate it if you'd post the config.pl you're building with,
> mainly so I can see what libraries and optional features you are or
> are not using with your test builds.

I've already posted it here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DCDA3CD.4030506@gmx.de

> Also: Have you been testing both 32-bit and 64-bit builds with VC
> 2010, or have you been doing 32-bit builds only?
Both - but 32-bit was tested more extensively due to limited
availability of 64-bit libraries.

> If you're testing 64-bit builds, how are you building/obtaining your
> dependencies, given that GnuWin32 doesn't carry 64-bit builds?
> Rebuilding GnuWin32 packages? Building from sources? I've only just
> got a 64-bit Windows dev environment set up so I'm new to building
> 64-bit Pg. Any issues you had to resolve to get the x64 libs built?
No Issues im my minimal configuration.

Perhaps someone who routinely does 64-bit builds could help out with a
config.pl and some info from where to get the 64-bit libraries to build
with.

Thanks for reviewing!

Regards,

Brar