"stored procedures"

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "stored procedures"
Date: 2011-04-21 15:24:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So the topic of "real" "stored procedures" came up again. Meaning a
function-like object that executes outside of a regular transaction,
with the ability to start and stop SQL transactions itself.

I would like to collect some specs on this feature. So does anyone have
links to documentation of existing implementations, or their own spec
writeup? A lot of people appear to have a very clear idea of this
concept in their own head, so let's start collecting those.