time-delayed standbys

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: time-delayed standbys
Date: 2011-04-20 02:47:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While I was out at the MySQL conference last week, I heard that one of
the forthcoming MySQL features is "time-delayed replication":

http://forge.mysql.com/worklog/task.php?id=344

That is, a standby configured such that replay lags a prescribed
amount of time behind the master.

This seemed easy to implement, so I did. Patch (for 9.2, obviously) attached.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
time-delayed-standby.patch application/octet-stream 5.8 KB