Re: cast from integer to money

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cast from integer to money
Date: 2011-03-31 22:39:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Kevin Grittner (Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov) wrote:
> If you're just talking about going in the one direction, I might be
> persuaded that's sane, especially because of the case of literals,
> and especially since there are currencies where fractional amounts
> aren't used in the conventional representation.

Going just integer->money, with the "1" -> "$1.00", seems completely
reasonable to me. As for being too late in the cycle.. if someone's
willing to do the work, I can't imagine it breaking anything, so I
wouldn't be against putting it in. It really should be before the
first beta tho.

Thanks,

Stephen