Re: Add support for logging the current role

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date: 2011-01-12 16:53:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
>> +1 for whatever the committer wants to commit. ;)

> OK, done. :-)

Uh, did you actually stop to *think* about this patch?

What you have just committed puts a syscache lookup into the elog output
path. Quite aside from the likely performance hit, this will
malfunction badly in any case where we're trying to log from an aborted
transaction.

Please revert and rethink.