Unnecessary limit on max_standby_streaming_delay

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unnecessary limit on max_standby_streaming_delay
Date: 2010-12-17 11:57:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The limit on max_standby_streaming_delay is currently 35 minutes
(around) - or you have to set it to unlimited. This is because the GUC
is limited to MAX_INT/1000, unit milliseconds.

Is there a reason for the /1000, or is it just an oversight thinking
the unit was in seconds?

If we can get rid of the /1000, it would make the limit over three
weeks, which seems much more reasonable. Or if we made it a 64-bit
counter it would go away completely.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/