recovery.conf location

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: recovery.conf location
Date: 2010-09-26 21:56:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I noticed that there's no way to specify the location of recovery.conf
in postgresql.conf. The pg_hba and pg_ident files can be altered, so
I'm wondering why this file can't have a specified location. In
Ubuntu, all configuration files are in a different location to the
cluster by default, so the postgresql.conf file comes with the
hba_file and ident_file parameters set to the configuration directory.
I'd imagine it would be preferable to keep all conf files in the same
place.

Thanks

Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion