Re: Proposal: Add JSON support

From: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>
To: Joseph Adams <joeyadams3(dot)14159(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: Add JSON support
Date: 2010-04-02 04:34:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dne 1.4.2010 5:39, Joseph Adams napsal(a):
> I ended up reinventing the wheel and writing another JSON library:
>
> http://constellationmedia.com/~funsite/static/json-0.0.1.tar.bz2
>
> This is a first release, and it doesn't really have a name besides
> "json". It's very similar to cJSON, except it is (sans unknown bugs)
> more reliable, more correct, and cleaner (unless you hate gotos ;-) ).
> It has a simple test suite. It is not prone to stack overflows, as
> it doesn't recurse. It is strict, requires input to be UTF-8 (it
> validates it first) and only outputs UTF-8. Other than treating
> numbers liberally, my implementation only accepts valid JSON code (it
> doesn't try to correct anything, even Unicode problems). It is under
> the MIT license.

I did some testing on my own, it passed everything I have thrown at it
so far.
I also did tests using MSVC for both 32bit and 64bit targets and it
worked fine too (except for missing stdbool.h in msvc which is no big deal).

The coding style compared to cJSON (or other libs I've seen) seems
closer to the style of PostgreSQL, it would however still require
pgindent run and maybe some minor adjustments.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)