Re: New VACUUM FULL

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New VACUUM FULL
Date: 2009-12-22 12:29:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 19:45 +0900, Takahiro Itagaki wrote:

> I used "VACUUM FULL" because we were discussing to drop VFI completely,
> but I won't replace the behavior if hot-standby can support VFI.

HS can't support VFI now, by definition. We agreed to spend the time
getting rid of VFI, which working on this with you is part of.

If we can just skip the index rebuild, I think that's all the additional
code changes we need. I'll improve the docs as I review-to-commit.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com