We should Axe /contrib/start-scripts

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: We should Axe /contrib/start-scripts
Date: 2009-08-19 18:18:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

... for the simple reason that nobody is maintaining it. Wheeler just
pointed out to me today that the OSX startup script hasn't been updated
since 7.4 and contains misinformation and dangerous scripting.

Other startup scripts there are equally dilapidated, and aren't used by
the linux distros regardless.

Unless someone volunteers to be *permanent* maintainer of this
directory, I vote that we remove it from 8.5.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.