Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches [try#2]

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Jon Krueger <Jon(dot)Krueger(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us
Subject: Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches [try#2]
Date: 2008-07-29 12:24:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

The following patches are updated ones of SE-PostgreSQL toward the HEAD of CVS.

[1/4] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-sepgsql-8.4devel-3-r958.patch
[2/4] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-pg_dump-8.4devel-3-r958.patch
[3/4] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-policy-8.4devel-3-r958.patch
[4/4] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-docs-8.4devel-3-r958.patch

By the way,
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest:2008-07

| Peter says: checking with Solaris engineers about compatibility with
| Solaris TX; will continue review throughout August

Jon, do you have anything to comment about PGACE security framework?
(Show the src/include/security/pgace.h)

It has been reworked a bit from this April when we had an offline meeting,
but I think its impact is not significant for its portability.

It can provide its guest subsystem (like SE-PostgreSQL) a series of hooks to
make a decision and facilities to manage text represented security attribute
of database objects.
IIUC, we concluded these foundations are also enough to port SolarisTX feature.

If you find out something lacks/conflicts, please tell me.

Thanks,

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC