ALTER DATABASE vs pg_dump

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ALTER DATABASE vs pg_dump
Date: 2008-06-27 13:49:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is it desirable that pg_dump doesn't dump config settings set via ALTER
DATABASE?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2008-04/msg00016.php

I just got bitten by a DateStyle not being restored on my test DB (I
usually set it client-side in the app). I could see someone without my
steel trap of a mind letting something like this slip through. Obvious
problem settings would be: datestyle, locale, default-text-search

Is this a deliberate behaviour of pg_dump or just an unscratched itch?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd