phrase search

From: Sushant Sinha <sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: phrase search
Date: 2008-06-01 02:26:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have attached a patch for phrase search with respect to the cvs head.
Basically it takes a a phrase (text) and a TSVector. It checks if the
relative positions of lexeme in the phrase are same as in their
positions in TSVector.

If the configuration for text search is "simple", then this will produce
exact phrase search. Otherwise the stopwords in a phrase will be ignored
and the words in a phrase will only be matched with the stemmed lexeme.

For my application I am using this as a separate shared object. I do not
know how to expose this function from the core. Can someone explain how
to do this?

I saw this discussion on phrase search and I am not sure what other
functionality is required.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-02/msg01170.php

-Sushant.

Attachment Content-Type Size