Re: WIP: psql default banner patch v4

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: psql default banner patch v4
Date: 2008-04-23 22:16:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:54:45 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Right. I suggest you open the file in "meld" which allows you to
> easily remove the offending extraneous difference. Of course, you
> can do it in Vim or Emacs directly, but I don't think Joe can do
> anything of the sort ... but we're not about to enter another editor
> flamewar, now, are we?

I am quite comfortable in the superiority of my editor over yours. :P

Attached is a new patch, I cleaned up that whitespace by changing the
wording. I put the commands in the front of the sentence. I also
removed the unneeded hunks and changed the formatting of the printf().

If this is acceptable I will send it to the patches list as an update.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

psql_patch_v6.diff text/x-patch 3.9 KB