WIP: psql default banner patch

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WIP: psql default banner patch
Date: 2008-04-21 20:17:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Attached is a patch for the default message from psql. Couple of things
of note:

1. I removed the force wrapping, instead allowing the terminal to do
it. This seems to work in X and well as on the console. I am not sure
if I like this or not and am not opposed to changing to a forced wrap.

2. I significantly reduced the wording making the intro more of a
notice than a welcome message.

3. I added a new line to help.c which stands for Execution. I read
the \? help three times before finding \g in the Query Buffer section.
That doesn't seem to me to be a good sign. I left the \g in Query
Buffer as well (yes its redundant) because it shows other options for
use with \g.

Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Joshau D. Drake