dblink un-named connection doesn't get re-used

From: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL-development list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: dblink un-named connection doesn't get re-used
Date: 2007-10-18 14:09:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is it intentional that dblink's unnamed connections don't get re-used?

stats=# select datname, usename from pg_stat_activity;
datname | usename
---------+---------
stats | decibel
(1 row)

stats=# select dblink_connect('dbname=stats');
dblink_connect
----------------
OK
(1 row)

stats=# select dblink_connect('dbname=postgres');
dblink_connect
----------------
OK
(1 row)

stats=# select datname, usename from pg_stat_activity;
datname | usename
stats | decibel
stats | postgres
postgres | postgres
(3 rows)

AFAIK there's no way I could possibly use or refer to the connection
to stats at this point; so why doesn't dblink close it when I issue
the second connect?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect decibel(at)decibel(dot)org