Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?
Date: 2007-06-15 14:43:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Go ahead and make the changes you want, and then I'll work on this.

So, I'm planing on this weekend:
1) rename FULLTEXT to TEXT SEARCH in SQL command
2) rework Snowball stemmer's as Tom suggested
3) ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname ADD/ALTER/DROP MAPPING
4) remove support of default configuration per scheme. Default configuration
will be only one per locale.

About security holes in PARSER/DICTIONARY. I see following ways now:
1) Allow to superuser only to do CREATE/ALTER/DROP PARSER/DICTIONARY
Disadvantage: hosting users will not be able to change dictionaries
2) Remove CREATE/ALTER/DROP PARSER, split pg_ts_dict to pg_ts_dict_template
and pg_ts_dict and accordingly change CREATE/ALTER/DROP DICTIONARY
Disadvantage: parser and dictionary's template will not dump/restore,
it should be restored manually (just a INSERT into
pg_ts_parser/pg_ts_dict_template)
3) Similar to previous point, but:
* CREATE/ALTER/DROP PARSER - super-user only
* CREATE/ALTER/DROP DICTIONARY TEMPLATE - super-user only
* CREATE/ALTER/DROP DICTIONARY - allowed to non-superuser
Disadvantage: new command CREATE/ALTER/DROP DICTIONARY TEMPLATE

Which way do we choose? or I miss some variant?

I would like to go by 3) way... Comments?

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/