Darwin stuff is getting deprecated

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Darwin stuff is getting deprecated
Date: 2006-09-28 21:02:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

With the latest Apple developers' tools, I get some warnings that
weren't there before:

dynloader.c: In function 'pg_dlsym':
dynloader.c:44: warning: 'NSIsSymbolNameDefined' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:150)
dynloader.c:46: warning: 'NSLookupAndBindSymbol' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:158)
postmaster.c: In function 'PostmasterMain':
postmaster.c:779: warning: 'DNSServiceRegistrationCreate' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/DNSServiceDiscovery/DNSServiceDiscovery.h:114)

Anyone want to look into this and see what we're supposed to do instead?

The postmaster.c message is in the USE_BONJOUR code. There was already
some discussion about how we were using an obsolete Bonjour API and we
ought to rewrite to support using Bonjour on non-Darwin platforms.
Perhaps Apple is now using a compatible API?