Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date: 2006-09-06 17:02:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 07:42:02PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The hard part of this problem is finding a convenient way to capture
> status data out of the community's conversations. I think when you find
> a solution to that, you'll notice that email is not the problem.

In private groups (like companies) that do this well, that sort of
"convenient way" turns out to be someone who is willing to do the
summarisation and post it. Perhaps what is needed is a small group
of people who would like to contribute, who can't contribute code,
but who can spend some time doing summaries, documents, and that sort
of thing? (Yes, I'll put my money where my mouth is.)

Users never remark, "Wow, this software may be buggy and hard
to use, but at least there is a lot of code underneath."
--Damien Katz