Re: integration of pgcluster into postgresql

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: integration of pgcluster into postgresql
Date: 2006-09-05 14:58:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 12:47:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> see some kind of joint proposal by multiple replication projects about
> what hooks to add. Anybody out there want to organize such a thing?

We were attempting to define such a set of hooks as part of the
Slony-II work, but that sort of fell off the rails. I am very
strongly in favour of such a framework, though, and would love to see
it.

I am willing to do the co-ordination and "project management" slog
work on this if those who need the hooks are willing to work on a set
of common definitions. If anyone would like that, please let me
know. If people want to contact me off-list, that's also fine; I'll
summarise.

Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
--Jane Jacobs