Slony-I for circular replication

From: Bojidar Mihajlov <bmihajlov(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pg-dev <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Slony-I for circular replication
Date: 2006-03-30 13:34:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All;

Can Slony-I be used for circular replication (A
<replicates> B <replicates> A)
or there is some kind of problem with locking or
anything else?
If I avoid insert conflicts will the following
scenario succeed for the updates :
A: X.balance-= 5
B: X.balance-= 3
A receives the update from B (X.balance -= 3)
B receives the update from A (X.balance -= 5)
or it will lead to deadlock ?
Nodes A and B will reside at different geografical
locations.
I'll use only node A to service both locations in the
most time and B for redundancy.
But the case of broken connection between node A and B
could lead to scenarios
like latter because then A and B will service their
own location. Could such a scenarios
be detected and logged ?
What happen in case of a conflict (dublicated primary
key/update deleted) ?
Could the performed action be managed ?

Regards,
Bozhidar Mihaylov