Separate BLCKSZ for data and logging

From: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Separate BLCKSZ for data and logging
Date: 2006-03-16 16:21:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I've been wondering if there might be anything to gain by having a
separate block size for logging and data. I thought I might try
defining DATA_BLCKSZ and LOG_BLCKSZ and see what kind of trouble I get
myself into.

I wasn't able to find any previous discussion but pehaps 'separate
BLKSZ' were poor parameters to use. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark